The best way to begin is to seek knowledge. Ask yourself and your loved ones some very frank, honest questions. The answers will determine if you’re ready to take the plunge:
- Is this the right time in my life to purchase a business?
- In the beginning, my new venture will occupy much of my free time. Do I have the full support of my friends and family?
- Am I self-directed, motivated, and dedicated?
- Am I knowledgeable about the industry I’m considering?
- Am I truly prepared to put in long hours in the beginning, as I ramp up and learn the business, in order to earn the free time and flexibility that come with success?
- Do I directly control enough investment cash, or do I need funding for the purchase price, closing costs, and working capital?
- Once you’ve answered your own questions, we’ll handle the rest. Simply: