The California Association of Business Brokers was founded in 1986.
The California Association of Business Brokers is a professional trade association whose members are actively involved in assisting their clients in selling, buying, and evaluating businesses. CABB was organized to recognize the professionals of business opportunity brokerage, to help educate the public on the benefits of using licensed intermediaries, and to establish a code of ethics to which members adhere.
The purposes of the association are:
- To unite those engaged in the sale of California businesses for the purpose of developing the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
- To maintain and improve the educational standards of the Business Brokerage industry.
- To better serve the public by creating a broader and more active market for business sales.
- To educate the public about the benefits of using Business Brokers to sell and acquire businesses.
- To serve as a forum for California business brokers to share their unique experience and knowledge.
- To encourage members to adhere to a code of ethics set forth by the Association.
“Business Broker” is a generally known term that is commonly used in the business brokerage industry to refer to someone engaged in the business of selling businesses, regardless of how that person is licensed. This term is an industry-wide used term and is recognized by many associations including the International Business Broker Association (IBBA.org). Members of CABB are required to hold a California DRE Real Estate Broker or Salesperson license.
Promoting Excellence in the Lower Middle Market
The M&A Source supports the success of its member M&A professionals through access to specialized continuing professional development programs and member networking and collaboration.
Our aim is to be the source of education, best practices, networking and deal sourcing for professionals engaged in business transactions with annual EBITDA ranging from $500,000 to $10 million.
Our members include transactions advisors, related professionals and investors who are dedicated to the highest standards of client care.
The IBBA® is the world’s largest professional community of business intermediary specialists.
When it comes time to sell or buy a business, choose to work with an experienced IBBA Member who will guide you through every step of the process.